Saturday, July 30, 2005

Between then and now

While i'm here posting some old pics, I may as well include some from Taiwan... While there were no psytrance parties, the freak factor was still present... I guess you get that when you are travelling with swedish artists and a familiar misfit of indeterminate origins.

It gave my mandarin a good workout though. I only know two phrases and I made good use of them. 'Ni Hao Ma' or 'How are you?' and 'Wo Bu Hui Hua-yi' which means 'I dont understand chinese'. I hope it means I dont understand chinese language, and not I dont understand the chinese in general... which I dont, but it's not something that I wanted to advertise to everyone.

These pics were taken in a park in Taipei (Chiang Kai-Shek memorial park?). I think the characters above the big gate say 'Exit' in chinese, but I cant be sure.

As always, the masked man in the top picture provided an entertaining trip despite the fact that we didnt really make it off the beaten track that much. Fortunately, I was spared from his desire to partake in the dodgy karaoke bars.

I dont really recommend the food... but if you do find yourself in Taipei, the shopping is pretty good... check out the night markets outside the central city, and definately head up into the country side where there are some very fine natural hot springs to bathe in.

4 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger RandomWeirdo said...

When you say blog, do you mean I should crap on about nothing more often? Or just that you want to see more posts?

I am having an internet free period, due to a recent move to significantly cheaper accom... Telekom Malaysia are a totally slack and for the moment I dont even have a telephone coz they havent put any lines down in my area. That'd be the reason for the fairly slow rate of posting... hopefully this woeful situation will be remedied in 2-3 months!!!

Fucking charge $1000 deposit for expats and it takes 6 months to get a bloody telephone line... thank god everywhere has wireless internet.

Anyway... there will be a 3 week hiatus while i get down and out with down and out. Hopefully by my return there will be some fun stuff to write about... and in the meantime, i'll see about documenting the 'pigs head story' for those who havent been lucky enough yet...

hmm... that was more of an essay than a comment.. oh well...

 
At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When you say blog, do you mean I should crap on about nothing more often? Or just that you want to see more posts?"

Both. They're the same anyway.

And I do like the sound of pigs head!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger RandomWeirdo said...

Well Rorschach, that is probably true... I guess this blog has already deviated from its intended path... especially with that post about drunks in my front yard...

One thing is that I like posts with pictures... so I will have to see if I can scan the analog pictures of the pigs head.... or lower my standards and make a purely text post.

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeeh!?

Misfit of indeterminate origins?

why, you WEIRDO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home