Friday, September 09, 2005

The boy who cried Moroccan Prison

There are a whole lot of reasons why i didnt think anyone would believe that post, but i´m not going to go into it. For everyones future reference, if anything bad happens to me or my friends in a foreign country the list of responses i would make are as follows:
1) Contact my own parents
2) Contact anyone else involved´s parents (or individually contact someone who knew them and could contact them for me if I didnt have the details)
3) Contact my embassy
...
100) Put a post on my blog (once everything was over and it made a good anecdote)

If I thought my post would cause this much stress to everyone I never would have made it.

That said, I will not stint on the apology. I really am sorry everyone, for the stress caused by that post. While from our end it was pretty obviously a joke, from your end it wasnt. I do have to echo my mum´s comments too... it is pretty heartening to know that we have such good friends out there... I feel pretty bad that I put them through all the stress. So... I´m sorry folks.

Good thing I am not going back to Australia for another year at least... or I might get lynched.

4 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger tchick said...

hey randomweirdo - I'm so glad you're both alive, well and free and probably pissing yourselves laughing at the ruckus you've caused. Makes for some entertaining blogging and a good yarn to spin. It's really hard to tell what's going on from this end of the world, we all thought it MIGHT be a joke, but there was that tiny little element of doubt that grew and grew. Just pray that you don't ever get into real trouble while you're away :P xx

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger RandomWeirdo said...

Thanx tchick :)

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn, i've now got to tell all the lads that i don't really know someone in jail in morocco. we had the extraction mission in the planning phase too - insertion, minor demolitions, flash-bangs then aerial extraction.
the best laid plans of mice and men ...
bap

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were a whole lot of reasons why we didn't believe your bullshit.
If you had thought, you would never would have written it.

For future reference, if anything happens to you in a foreign country, we cannot trust what you say. So why would we ever contact you parents first?

We dont know if we should believe you, so no, we will not
Contact your parents,
Contact anyone else involved's parents
or Contact your embassy

We will
Put a post on your blog
as out first and only response.

That said, good thing you did not go back to Australia for another year because you would have been lynched.
While from your end it was pretty obviously a joke, from our end it wasn't.

It was not a joke when it happened earlier to your travelling companion in Greece.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home